Retail Theft Answers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Retail Theft Answers

Answers from experts on Retail theft and/or Loss Prevention issues and concerns

You are not connected. Please login or register

Waiting for Loss Prevention investigation

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Admin

Admin

Jurisdiction / State: Ontario

Hi,

On a random bag check at work I was caught with a loaf of bread, milk and bagels. There were 2 of them to check and witness. They took a photo of what was taken and said that there would be a loss prevention investigation officer that will contact me this week for an interview. The police werent called when I asked if they were going to come and deal with me. They said its up to loss prevention now.

Im scared of what will happen. What should I expect and what should I do. Its not a unionized job, I work there on a casual basis and this is the first and last time I do something so stupid/wrong.

Source www.thelaw.com

https://retailtheftanswers.forumotion.com

Mrs.Shrinkmaster

In any typical Loss Prevention investigation their primary goal is to get you to admit to theft and sign documentation attesting to that. They likely already know you did it and already know what they are going to do with you. You are not obligated to say or sign anything regardless of what they tell you. If they offer you any deal get it in writing sign by a person in authority.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum